These terms and conditions of use apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Sources Of Blackness, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Sources Of Blackness and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Sources Of Blackness and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users or otherwise stated, is the property of Sources Of Blackness, their affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Sources Of Blackness.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Sources Of Blackness for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform Sources Of Blackness immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure Sources Of Blackness can communicate with you effectively.
- Sources Of Blackness may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing Sources Of Blackness in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions, or by deleting your account using the settings in your dashboard or profile sections. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and security
- When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
- If Sources Of Blackness have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, Sources Of Blackness may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
Links to other websites
- This Website contains links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Sources Of Blackness or that of their affiliates.
- Sources Of Blackness assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Sources Of Blackness makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Sources Of Blackness give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, Sources Of Blackness provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Sources Of Blackness is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Sources Of Blackness uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, Sources Of Blackness give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Sources Of Blackness accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Sources Of Blackness reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude Sources Of Blackness or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from your or Sources Of Blackness’s negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude Sources Of Blackness or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of Sources Of Blackness or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- Sources Of Blackness will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond their reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sources Of Blackness accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. Sources Of Blackness may transfer their rights under these terms and conditions where Sources Of Blackness reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by Sources Of Blackness from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- These conditions are governed by Dutch law. The court in the district where the collector has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction if any dispute regarding these conditions may arise, save when a legal exception applies.
Sources Of Blackness details
- Sources Of Blackness is a company incorporated in The Netherlands Chamber of Commerce number 81513399, registered address Poortland 66, Amsterdam, 1046BD and operates the Website https://sourcesofblackness.org. You can contact Sources Of Blackness by email on privacy (AT) sourcesofblackness.org, or using the contact form on this page https://sourcesofblackness.org/contact-us/ .